Wide Open Media Group is recruiting a Video Intern to help with the sourcing of assets and editing of original video content across our websites: Wide Open Spaces, Wide Open Country, Rare, FanBuzz, and Alt_driver.
This individual will work hand-in-hand with our Video Producer to source and edit all Wide Open Media Group original video assets, and fine-tune other assets we use on our websites. We're a rapidly-growing network and a drive and determination to learn about how video is used in a media network environment are essential.
The position will be located in our offices in downtown Austin at 801 Congress, and the expected workload is 20 hours a week. We are not accepting remote applicants for the role.
Please provide a link to a YouTube or Vimeo reel. Candidates who do not submit a reel will not be considered.
- Minimum 6 months experience working with Adobe Premiere Pro, Photoshop, After Effects
- Experience with After Effects or a similar motion graphics software
- Experience and knowledge of best and current fair use practices
- Understands basic color grading and audio editing
- Ability to shoot original video content, both camera and audio
- Experience in social media-driven content environment
- Knowledgeable of what makes a video engaging on social media platforms and beyond
- Able to meet deadlines with exceptional time management skills and flexibility
- A ‘doer’ with high enthusiasm, motivation, and organizational skills
- A passionate video maker. You strive to make each video your best, no matter the subject material.
- Engaged with the conversation around American life. You can relate to a big buck trophy hunt as easily as a list of Johnny Cash’s greatest hits, while bringing your own unique identity to the content.
- Downtown Austin office
- Fast-paced and dynamic, but casual, startup environment
- Unlimited snacks and beverages
- Quarterly company outings