Wide Open Roads is the newest website from Austin-based digital media publisher, Wide Open Media Group, set to launch in September 2017. We're looking for contributors to create our pre-launch team to help us compose and prep content on tight timelines for our September launch, and potentially earn a place on our full contributor team at the time of launch. The pre-launch process will be an intense time, but has the potential for high reward for those who take advantage.
Our offices are located in Austin, Texas but our pre-launch contributors - and full contributors - will work remotely.
What We're Looking For:
- Writers with extensive knowledge of cars, trucks, off-roading, ATVs, and ability to write to this knowledge - this is a MUST
- 1+ year(s) experience writing on these topics in a web writing / digital media format - not in print
- 1 + year(s) experience with the WordPress publishing platform and Associated Press (AP) writing style conventions
- Strong understanding of what makes for good Web content and an understanding of how to create it with consistency
- Solid understanding of SEO and how it relates to web writing
What You'll Get from Wide Open Roads:
- Guaranteed pay per published article during pre-launch process and potential to earn full contributor role with some hard work
- Chance to establish / grow a writing career with a growing community and make a major impact on a site with huge goals
Apply with a copy of your most recent resume, links to a couple of writing samples (if available), and a short statement telling us why you'd make the perfect Wide Open Roads contributor!