We’re Wide Open Pets, a growing online destination for lighthearted content on pets of the home and heartland. Our office is located in downtown Austin, TX, but our writing positions are remote.
We're looking for writers who can consistently create articles on pets & animals topics with an engaging, but informative tone to be published on Wide Open Pets.
What We're Looking For:
- Someone who loves their pets and all animals, and is passionate about communicating this to an audience who feels the same way.
- Someone who can truly write. We're not expecting you to be the next Shakespeare, but an ability to communicate concisely, clearly, and with minimal punctuation, spelling and grammatical errors is a must.
- Writers with a desire to build a personal brand and audience, and a willingness to do the legwork which comes along with that pursuit.
- Writers with a strong understanding of what makes for good Web content and an understanding of how to create it with consistency.
- Writers with solid understanding of SEO and how it relates to web writing.
- Writers with WordPress experience - This is a MUST.
- Writers with knowledge of / experience with Associated Press (AP) writing style.
- Previously published writing -- especially on sites dealing with pets and animals is a huge, huge plus.
What You'll Get from Wide Open Pets:
- Guaranteed pay per published article plus monthly traffic bonuses
- Chance to establish / grow a writing career with a growing community and make a major impact on a site with huge goals
Apply with a copy of your most recent resume, links to a couple of writing samples (if available) or samples, and a short statement telling us why you'd make the next great Wide Open Pets contributor. We're looking to grow fast, and we're looking for writers with the same intentions for their own careers.
If this sounds like you, we look forward to your application!