Wide Open Media Group is recruiting a Video Editing Intern to help with the sourcing of assets and editing of original video content across our websites Wide Open Spaces, Wide Open Country, Wide Open Pets, Wide Open Eats and Wide Open Roads.
This individual will be working hand-in-hand with our Head of Video Content and Video Editors to source, and potentially edit, all Wide Open Media Group original video assets, and fine-tune other assets we use on our websites. We're a rapidly-growing network and a drive and determination to learn about how video is used in a media network environment is essential.
The position will be located at our offices in Downtown Austin at 801 Congress, and the expected workload is around 25-30 hours a week.
- Minimum 6 months professional/contract experience as a video editor
- Experience with Adobe Premiere Pro
- Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator experience
- Experience with After Effects or a similar motion graphics software
- Ability to handle a dynamic and constantly evolving environment
- Knowledgable and current with digital workflows and technology
- Understands basic color grading and audio editing
- Must be able to work within tight deadlines and shift focus on a fly when necessary
- Previous experience with JW Player
- WordPress or custom CMS experience
Perks of working with Wide Open Media as an intern:
- Ability to earn credit in your university program for an internship (if an undergraduate or graduate student)
- Work in a Downtown Austin office at 8th and Congress
- Located on major bus lines including the 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 20, 30, 37, 801 and 803 to reduce need to park
- Fast-paced and dynamic, but casual, startup environment
- Unlimited snacks and beverages
- Quarterly company outings
Make sure to provide us a link to a YouTube or Vimeo reel to be considered! Candidates who do not submit a reel will not be considered!