Wide Open Media Group is recruiting a Social Media Assistant to help with the daily social media operations across our network's sites: Wide Open Spaces, Wide Open Country, Wide Open Pets, Wide Open Eats, and Wide Open Roads.
The Social Media Assistant will be working directly with our Director of Content Operations to learn about and implement the scheduling process for our daily social media content, and learn how this content is monetized. To a lesser degree, this individual will work with our Social Media Managers to take on one-off tasks and projects related to the overall daily execution of our network social media strategy.
The position will be located at our offices in Downtown Austin, and the expected workload is around 20-25 hours a week, with more hours potentially being available over time.
At this time we are only considering applicants who live in Austin or the greater Austin area.
The Social Media Assistant will be tasked to:
- Work directly with our Director of Content Operations to schedule articles to social media channels and learn about content monetization
- Help promote Wide Open Media content through our sites' social media channels
- Get first-hand exposure to best practices related to our use of social media as a promotional tool, but also as a relationship-building tool
- Learn about and participate in the weekly and monthly reporting process for all websites
- Perform other one-off tasks as assigned when applicable
What We're Looking For:
- Established work in social media management in a professional setting- at least 6 months-1 year required - MUST
- Previous work experience in digital publishing (huge plus)
- Previous internship(s)/work experience(s) with a startup (huge plus)
- Previous experience with/exposure to tools like Sendible, CrowdTangle, Slack, CoSchedule, Google Analytics and/or other third party tools (plus)
- A self-motivated, highly organized person who likes an environment where no two days are the same - change is our only constant
Perks of working with Wide Open Media Group:
- Work in a Downtown Austin office at 8th and Congress
- Located on major bus lines including the 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 20, 30, 37, 801 and 803 to reduce need to park
- Fast-paced and dynamic, but casual, startup environment
- Unlimited snacks and beverages
- Quarterly company outings
We look forward to your application!