Wide Open Media Group is recruiting a Social Media & Operations Intern to help with the daily social media and content operations across Wide Open Spaces, Wide Open Country, Wide Open Pets, and Wide Open Eats.
This individual will be working hand-in-hand with our Social Media Managers to plan and schedule content across all social media associated with the websites including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and Snapchat, learn the reporting process for our network, and learn the overall big picture of our network's daily social media operations. They will also be working with our Director of Content Operations and Partnership Manager to learn the role daily content operations plays in our network.
The position will be located at our offices in Downtown Austin at 801 Congress, and the expected workload is around 25-30 hours a week.
The Social Media & Operations intern will be tasked to:
- Work directly with our Social Media Managers to learn the role social media plays in our network's daily operations
- Work directly with our Director of Content Operations and Partnership Manager to learn the role content monetization plays in the network's daily operations
- Help promote Wide Open Media Group content through our sites' social media channels
- Get first-hand exposure to best practices related our use of social media as a promotional tool, but also as a relationship-building tool
- Learn about and participate in the monthly reporting process for all websites
- Perform other one-off tasks as assigned when applicable
What We're Looking For:
- An individual with established personal social media accounts
- An individual with established work in social media management - at least 6 months highly preferred
- An individual with interest in / experience with how advertising revenue monetizes content
- Any experience with Buffer, Newswhip Spike, CoSchedule, Buffer and other third party tools (plus)
- An individual with previous exposure to / experience with Google Analytics (plus)
- An individual with some exposure to the WordPress publishing platform (plus)
Perks of working with Wide Open Spaces as an intern:
- Ability to earn credit in your university program for an internship
- Work in a Downtown Austin office at 8th and Congress
- Located on major bus lines including the 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 20, 30, 37, 801 and 803 to reduce need to park
- Fast-paced and dynamic, but casual, startup environment
- Unlimited snacks and beverages
- Quarterly company outings
Apply to start a conversation and learn more!