Wide Open Media Group, the parent company of websites Wide Open Spaces, Wide Open Country, Wide Open Pets and Wide Open Eats, is recruiting a Social Media Manager to augment our daily social media operations, including publishing of content to our social channels, publishing of content to partner pages, and staying attuned to trends in the publishing and social media industry which require testing and iteration to optimize our overall reach of content.
Applicants must currently reside in Austin, Texas or the surrounding area to be considered due to this immediate need.
The Social Media Manager will be expected to:
- Manage existing social media channels on selected Wide Open Media Group verticals, as well as associated partner brands and properties
- Publish content on partner pages on a daily basis to increase the traffic base related to those verticals
- Source new opportunities for growth and reach of our social mediums
- Monitor the social media landscape for relevant new channels, or successes within the industry, and look for ways to adapt our strategy accordingly
The Senior Social Media Manager must have:
- A college degree
- A minimum of 1-2 years experience in social media management roles in a corporate or startup setting
- A track record of successfully executing social media initiatives that drive sharing and engagement of published content
- Experience managing content across social channels, and with third-party tools like Buffer, Hootsuite, or Sendible
- Inside-out knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and Snapchat and ability to apply each to extend the presence of selected Wide Open Media Group properties
- Ability to create and position content in a unique, funny, and engaging way to drive high user engagement and affinity for the properties
- Strong writing and communication skills
- A thick skin with willingness to absorb and act on input from all levels to improve output and get better results
- Some personality- We’re a small team, and the cultural fit is very important
- Experience with tools like WordPress, CoSchedule, Sendible, Newswhip Spike, WayIn, Canva
- Personal experience with / interest in hunting, fishing, outdoors, country music, country lifestyle and/or cooking
Perks of working with Wide Open Media Group:
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Stock Options
- Work in a Downtown Austin office on Congress Ave.
- Fast-paced and dynamic, but casual startup environment
- Unlimited snacks and beverages in the kitchen
- Quarterly company outings
Apply with a resume, cover letter, and links to your social media profiles/work.
We look forward to your application!