Social Media Internship (Paid)
Do you love to hunt and fish? How about country music? Do you have a bucket list dedicated to chicken fried steaks?
Most importantly, are you a self-starting student with a strong interest in data-driven marketing, content, and social media? If you enjoy engaging in topics for Heartland Consumers and their passions, we want you!
We are looking for passion-driven communicators who share our unique vision of creating a social experience that wows, engages, and educates our audience.
Wide Open Media Group is the nation’s fastest growing digital media company, focused solely on Heartland Consumers and their passions. Our sites include Wide Open Spaces, Wide Open Country, Wide Open Pets, Wide Open Eats, and Wide Open Roads.
We’re a fast-paced, team-oriented group that is breaking the rules of social innovation. We’re highly collaborative and seek out individuals with unique backgrounds that aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty and build incredible things from the ground up.
- Daily management of WOMG brand family of social media channels, involving scheduling, posting and responding to incoming messages from our followers.
- Demonstrate a focus on consistent, quality engagement while ensuring the WOM brand family is known for sharing high-quality information across our social channels.
- Identify and engage with our followers and influencers on social media, including retweeting, liking posts, and flagging opportunities for our brands or the executive team to engage directly.
- Build and maintain a social experience for our followers that is informative, inspirational, and supportive.
- Collaborate on social amplification strategies to ensure maximum engagement.
- Research current trends in the Heartland space and seek community outreach opportunities.
- Monitor social media analytics to optimize engagement and adjust social strategy based on weekly insights.
- Able to meet deadlines with good time management and flexibility.
- A “doer” with high enthusiasm, motivation and organization skills.
- Experience in managing social media accounts on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn. *A solid personal following with weekly engagement is a plus.
- Excited and happy to work independently online and in-office with our team in Austin.
- Strong understanding of social platform language and quality English writing skills.
- Major in marketing, advertising, communications, or linguistics desired but not necessary.
- Opportunity to earn a full-time role by end of summer.
- Fast-paced and dynamic, but casual, startup environment.
- Grow your career and practice a wide range of skills from SEO to marketing.
- Unlimited snacks and beverages.
- Quarterly company outings.
- Office located Downtown next to transportation hub.
We’re a close team and looking for the right fit, so let your personality shine through! Forget the stuffy cover letter — this is a hands-on and creatively fulfilling role so we’re looking for someone with pizzazz and personality who’s ready to work hard and have some fun. After all, where else will you wax poetic on a hilarious fishing fail, hear the newest country star before your friends do, and learn how to throw down seriously delicious Heartland recipes in the kitchen?
Submit resume and tell us about yourself, why this internship caught your eye, and your favorite site in our media group. Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org