Wide Open Media Group is recruiting a Partnerships Manager to join our Partnerships team and augment the sourcing, identification and closing of new publishing partners across the company's properties including Wide Open Spaces, Wide Open Country, Wide Open Pets, Wide Open Eats and Wide Open Roads.
This is a full-time, fully-benefitted role at our offices in Downtown Austin, and a great opportunity for someone with previous sales experience who has interest in digital publishing.
- At least 6 months sales experience centered around cold outreach through email and contact cultivation
- A "bulldog" sales mentality that won't allow the person to back off a lead until given a hard no - follow up is crucial - this is a sales role at its core
- A self-starting and self-motivated attitude that will allow the person to thrive with minimal supervision - we don't believe in micromanagement
- A "sponge mentality" - willingness to learn and absorb best practices and feedback and apply these to be successful
- Great organization skills coupled with first-class writing skills to conduct cold email and messaging outreach in a persuasive manner
- Comfort talking on the phone to potential / current publishing partners to sell our content and syndication platform when necessary
- Ability to take full ownership of role as quickly as possible and deliver a high impact to our daily partnership operations
- Experience with Google Docs
- Experience with the Salesforce CRM
- Experience with Google Analytics - especially to pull reports and sort data
- Experience with digital media content syndication platforms
- Work directly with our Director of Content Operations daily to learn and apply our content operations strategy
- High volume daily sourcing and cold reachout to Facebook community pages and digital publishers to establish content sharing relationships
- Other one-off and occasional duties as assigned - we all wear multiple hats and flexibility along these lines is essential
- Quarterly office outings - we work hard and play harder
- Casual dress and casual environment - jeans and t-shirts are our style
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Fully-stocked kitchen
- Close proximity to most of the major bus lines in Austin to make the commute easy
We look forward to your application!