Do you believe that whiskey tastes best around a campfire and that the best way to stargaze at night is in the bed of your truck? Did your momma raise you to hold doors open for ladies and to always use “ma’am” and “sir” in conversation? Are you ready to shape the conversation around a man’s role in the hearth and home in Heartland America?
Mandammit is switching things up and if you’re up for it, you can have a pivotal role in the development of the new editorial strategy for an online destination that’s by and for those who know how to change a tire quicker than a NASCAR pit stop crew and the best place to put in when floating the river. Consider Mandammit to be the voice of the rustic Renaissance man who’d never pay for an oil change, but would happily chat with you in the checkout line about the Kentucky Bourbon Trail. We will offer an inclusive and diverse approach to men’s content in its many forms, from encouraging readers to engage in DIY and hands-on projects to covering news that the Heartland wants to read.
We are looking for a Staff Writer to work directly with the Director of Editorial and Growth to craft the new brand vision for Mandammit while growing the online presence of the website through content. The Staff Writer will be a self-starter devoted to publishing timely lifestyle stories and evergreen content that touches on topics dear to the Heartland reader. This role will be dedicated to growing the new brand vision for Mandammit through content creation.
This is a contract-to-hire position with substantial potential for growth for the right person.
- At least 2 years of fast-paced web writing experience covering news and lifestyle content for web publishers.
- At least 1 year of hands-on SEO writing experience.
- Knowledge of/experience with WordPress and/or WordPress VIP.
- Strong understanding of quality and engaging content with a focus on the Heartland audience of dedicated male content.
- Ability to consistently source, conceptualize, and pitch new article ideas.
- Ability to pend well-written, grammatically correct articles in a highly timely manner.
- Editorial experience in a sports-driven web writing environment.
- Previous writing experience in a strong research and analytical role.
- Able to meet deadlines with exceptional time management skills and flexibility.
- A ‘doer’ with high enthusiasm, motivation, and organizational skills.
- More concerned with the classic than the trendy; the tried and the true than the shiny new. You’re engaged with current lifestyle trends, but still think the best idea for a date is a cool creek for swimming, your favorite playlist, and a cooler of ice cold beer.
- Downtown Austin office
- Fast-paced and dynamic, but casual, startup environment
- Unlimited snacks and beverages
- Quarterly company outings
Apply with a copy of your most recent resume, links (only) to writing samples, and a short statement (~500 words) telling us why you would make the perfect Mandammit Staff Writer. Leave the cliches and fluffy copy; we care about breaking down barriers and expect that same quality and determination from our candidates.