Wide Open Media Group (WOMG) is the nation’s fastest growing digital media company focused exclusively on Heartland Consumers and their passions. WOMG is delivering news, information and entertainment to over 12 million Heartland Consumers each month and expanding quickly. Currently, our platform covers four verticals via Wide Open Spaces, Wide Open Country, Wide Open Pets and Wide Open Eats, with plans to launch three additional verticals over the next two years. We are a team that strives for excellence and are looking for a hands-on, driven Head of Video Content to build out our video department and take the company to the next level.
This individual will be the creative force and strategic visionary behind our video production efforts, including launching original video series, live on-air segments, and managing both user-generated and licensed content opportunities. In addition to setting the vision and strategic direction, this individual will be helping execute against this vision day-to-day from editing, producing, to analytics/reporting and beyond. A roll up the sleeves and get it done mentality is critical to the success of this role.
The Head of Video Content must have personal depth of experience in all aspects of growing a video department. This includes the ability and desire to lead and a grow a team of producers, editors, freelancers and interns. In addition, they will need to lead the development of social media and commerce videos which will drive the overall growth and revenue base of our network. Previous experience growing and managing a video team at a digital publisher or broadcast company is a must for this role.
The position reports directly to the CEO and will be located at the WOMG corporate offices in Downtown Austin, Texas.
- Oversee every aspect of our daily video production, execution and delivery/distribution across multiple sites, social media platform and content partner sites at a high velocity. Producing 1000 videos annually shouldn’t scare you.
- Iterate on the fly to ensure the tone and relevance of our video content matches audience expectation and consumption behavior
- Establish department quarterly Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) and manage daily activity pointed toward these goals
- Identify best practices for video in digital publishing and evolve daily operations as necessary
- Ability to apply broad industry knowledge to shape the strategy in an ever-changing environment
- Manage, mentor and grow the video team to ensure consistent and measurable individual and departmental growth
- Work with Brand Partnership team to develop and produce compelling video content for a growing roster of clients from Fortune 500 companies to startups
- Minimum 6-8 years experience in developing and producing video content across multiple platforms
- Four years experience managing creative teams
- Strong verbal and written communication, organizational and management skills
- Ability to manage concurrent projects with shifting priorities and deadlines
- A strong work ethic that leads by example
- Extensive personal experience with the Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Previous experience with JW Player or similar platform
- WordPress or custom CMS experience
Perks of working with Wide Open Media Group:
- Extensive benefits package including healthcare coverage
- Stock options
- Commuter benefits
- Fast-paced and dynamic, but casual, startup environment
- Unlimited snacks and beverages
- Quarterly company outings