Wide Open Media Group is recruiting a Content Strategy Associate to join our Content Operations team and run point on daily posting of articles from the company's properties including Wide Open Spaces, Wide Open Country, Wide Open Pets and Wide Open Eats to publishing partner pages and other owned and operated pages. This individual will work directly with our Director of Content Operations to learn how to effectively gauge how content will perform given analytical data and previous trends, and the methods and patterns used to maximize the potential of each individual article shared.
This is a part-time, entry-level role at our offices in Downtown Austin, and a great opportunity for someone with a journalism background, or a recent graduate who is looking to learn hands-on about content strategy within a high-volume digital publisher. There is potential for this role to be a work from home situation following the initial training period, and the initial workload is 20 hours per week.
- A bachelor's degree
- A minimum of 6 months experience with Facebook content management and scheduling strategy
- Previous exposure to / experience with Google Analytics - a budding data nerd would do very well in this role
- Strong creative writing skills - you'll be writing many Facebook taglines
- First-class organizational skills to ensure the job is done with precision and consistency daily with minimal supervision
- A "sponge" mentality and desire to learn about our content areas and our overall strategy
- Understanding of UTM coding of content and Google Analytics campaign management
- Understanding of traffic acquisition methods in digital publishing
Perks of Working With Wide Open Media Group:
- Quarterly office outings - we work hard and play harder
- Casual dress and casual environment - jeans and t-shirts are our style
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Fully-stocked kitchen
- Close proximity to most of the major bus lines in Austin to make the commute easy
We look forward to your application!